Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wow, December Already??

Hello Friends!!

I know it's been a while but never fear, Dining With Grace is still here!
What have I been up to? Quite a few things, and I guess I don't mind sharing...


Well, I know I ought to be embarrassed to say but... I finally got my license! Yes, Brooklyn girl is all grown up! I knew that I needed to drive ASAP to get my catering business on the level that it needs to be and with the visions of my custom Dining With Grace decal on the side of my ride, I knew that time was of the essence! ;-)

Secondly, I've been researching grants, many people don't realize how many opportunities are out there for small businesses and even for education. My point is this, yes you have to work hard to get the reward but the reward is still out there to be taken. I decided to go to school part-time to study Hospitality Management while I continue working on my business. Very excited.

Then of course, there's my marketing campaign. Folks, listen....you have the idea, you have the product or service, the next important thing is MARKETING it. Creativity, persistence, and a visionary eye is key here. I'm back to the drawing board, utilizing professionals to get it done right.

Oh and let's not forget to mention Thanksgiving! I had a few orders to handle then went to work on my contribution to the family meal. What was on the menu this year you ask?? This is how eclectic my family is! I love it! We had Egusi soup and pounded yam, a Jerked Leg of lamb, Beef Vindaloo, Creamed Spinach, Cajun Fettuccine Alfredo with Garlic Shrimp, Spring Salad with Beets, Red Grapes, Goat Cheese & Candied Walnuts w/a Honey Vinaigrette and lastly a Pumpkin Ginger Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting & Dried Cranberries! Don't pigeonhole my family (or DWG!!), we are connoisseurs of Fine International Cuisine! :-)

Other than that, I've been scoping out new potential sites for a commercial kitchen, fine-tuning business plan, getting some legal advice and continuing to take this adventure one day at a time.

2010 lays ahead as 2009 winds to an end, on the 12th of this month I will be 1 year older but much more the wiser. Thank you God for the opportunity to experience this journey. Thank you friends for being there, I look forward to sharing much more Dining With Grace moments with you!


Best,

Grace O.

P.S. Dining With Grace is now on Twitter! Follow me! http://twitter.com/DiningWithGrace

Stay tuned for our Revamped Website and our December 2009 Newsletter!






No comments:

Post a Comment